There’s a well-known truth in information security: It’s only a matter of time before your organization will experience a cyber security incident. The best security technology, policies, procedures and people cannot stop 100% of the threats 100% of the time. For those times, a Cyber Security Incident Response (CSIR) strategy ensures that you can respond quickly, minimize the damage, and restore your operation to top efficiency. That’s when leading organizations choose nGuard Cyber Security Incident Response services. The nGuard CSIR service supplies your firm with an expert Cyber Security Incident Response Team to help guide you through the complex steps of breach identification, containment, elimination and recovery.
nGuard CSIR is available in two forms:
- CSIR Complete: For pro-active organizations that recognize the strategic & compliance benefit of having a CSIR capability in place at all times, nGuard’s CSIR Complete is the best option. CSIR Complete provides a full CSIR program with guaranteed service-level commitments, priority response, and ongoing proactive activities throughout the year.
- CSIR On-Demand: For organizations that find themselves reacting to a cybersecurity emergency, nGuard's CSIR On-Demand provides expert response on an ad hoc basis. When a security incident occurs, simply call nGuard at 868.888.7111 and ask to speak to an Account Executive.
- Key Features
nGuard’s CSIR service provides several options to tailor the solution to your organization’s unique needs.
- Extended Bundled Response Services – Provides additional bundled-resource time above and beyond the standard remote incidence response.
- Onsite Incident Response – In some cases, the best response to a cybersecurity incident requires a “boots-on-the-ground” approach. Our onsite response option provides an onsite nGuard expert to assist with all aspects of response, containment, investigation, etc.
- CSIR Plan Development – Develops a customized incident response plan tailored to your organization’s specific staffing and GRC requirements.
- CSIR Readiness Assessment – Examines your organization’s readiness by evaluating existing processes and procedures for thoroughness and compliance.
- Evidence Storage – Provides an offsite, secure data storage facility within nGuard’s evidence safe for up to three years. Custody of evidence is closely managed for possible, future investigations, and/or legal action.
- Priority Response – Our cybersecurity incident response team is ready to help with an unexpected security event when you need us most. Guaranteed response times ensure you’re not tackling a security breach on your own.
- Bundled Response Services – There’s no time to worry about quotes, approval processes, or signatures when you’re trying to respond to a cybersecurity incident. nGuard’s standard CSIR services come with several days of remote, expert, incident response assistance. Customers also have the option of including onsite response services, as well.
- Secure Communications – In the event of a breach, private conversations between all responding individuals is crucial. nGuard’s CSIR service includes full access to the nGuard Client Portal (NCP) for encrypted, out-of-band, email communication via MessageSafe.
- Secure Offsite File Storage – Maintaining the integrity of incident-related files is key to the response and possible forensics investigation. Another key feature of nGuard’s Client Portal (NCP) is FileSafe, which provides a secure, offsite, location to store critical data outside the reach of the potential hacker.
- Best-in-Class Expertise – At nGuard, our incident response security professionals come from a wide range of IT backgrounds and hold various security certifications including CISSP, GSNA, OSCP, GIAC Certifications, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), Security+ and more.
- Semi-Annual Program Reviews – In-depth, semi-annual reviews provide the insight you need to gauge the state of security within your organization. A summary report of the prior 6 months provides an overview of previous security incidents and/or breaches, discussion of trending incidents, upcoming changes to the environment, etc.
- Satisfies Regulatory Compliance – Having the proper Cyber Security Incident Response solution in place is key to obtaining & maintaining compliance for many regulatory & compliance targets such as PCI DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, GLBA, SOX, NERC CIP, FISMA, FERPA, FedRAMP, and more.
- Reduces Incident Impact – In the first hours of a cybersecurity incident, the expert response of an experienced Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) can dramatically reduce the financial impact to an organization.
- Frees-Up IT Resources – With most firms reporting as being understaffed, security can often be the first thing to suffer. nGuard’s Cyber Incident Response solution puts the burden of properly responding to a security incident in the hands of our credentialed security experts. Your team can then focus on tasks more strategic to your organization.
- Lowers IT Costs – A dedicated Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) within your organization requires expensive, certified, and experienced security engineers. The nGuard Cyber Security Incident Response (CSIR) service helps drive your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) lower by providing the required expertise at a fraction of the cost.
- Protects Your Reputation – Security breaches happen every day and can cause embarrassment, downtime, and harm to your company’s reputation. A Cyber Security Incident Response strategy dramatically increases your firm’s ability to successfully respond to events and helps you maintain the confidence of your customers & partners.